Sunday 15 July 2007

Near miss could have lead to disaster!



Another busy training week has just flown by. I can not believe its only 3 weeks to go. Been very busy this week getting as much distance, climbs and time in the saddle as possible. Been out with Brian this week as much as possible finding the steepest hills around Boxhill to climb. Amazingly, I went up some hills I never knew were even there! Fantastic!!
Had a near miss on Wednesday over at Westcott way, went down a very tricky stony gully dropped the front wheel in to a pot hole and straight over the handle bars landing on my wrist and right leg. blood was everywhere and I was blessed with very sore wrist and knee. Luckily the bike was OK, I got back on and limped on for the rest of the ride. It caused a bit of worry on Thursday and Friday but by Saturday the bruises came out and the pain subsided. Phew!! A very close shave. I think I will have to became a bit more cautious. Brian had fun aswell over the last few rides with his new cleats, I must have seen him fall off a least six times !! Luckily no injuries just a red face moments.
We still managed to clock up 170 miles off road plus about 10,000 feet of climb over the week.
The picture above was taken by Dee's Brother on a nice sunny day a few months back. Amazingly it will be in a publication for some new flats being built in Redhill later this year. Autographed versions are available on request at £3.99 ea. Limited stock though.
Take care and I will see the guy's on Saturday 0800 usual place ........ Be there!!

No comments: