Sunday 29 July 2007

Last week of training is here!!!




Yes the last week of training has now arrived. Nearly 18months in the planning and 8 months in the training and preparation, getting very anxious now, making sure we have all the right equipment and back up items to take. Taking great care on all the rides not taking too many risks! Spent nearly all of last week in the saddle clocking up over 215 miles and 6,200 plus metres of climbing, that's only half the Rockies ride length and half the vertical.
I have nearly been killing all my colleagues in my spinning classes that I have been taking this year so far. I think they will be glad when I eventually go!!
This week will be pretty much it on the training front, if we are not ready now we will never be.

I have found a couple of pictures that give you an idea of the views and the terrain that we will be up against. We will bring plenty more pictures back with us.

Bring it on!!! as quoted by that awful girl in 'Big Brother' called Tracey.

A big big thanks to all of you that have been so generous with your support leading up to this event, through your kind sponsorship and help. It means so much to me and my family.
Milo would have been so proud of you all!!!






No comments: