Friday 2 March 2007

Training Sessions for Rockies



The training started on the 1st January 2007 . A strict regime of a good healthy diet and no alcohol (maybe a glass of red once a week as a treat) 6 days per week training with a mixture of activities, 4 days CV training including 2 1 hour Spinning classes at local gym, were I work as a part time Personal Trainer and Fitness Instructor. Two 25 to 30 mile mountain bike rides practicing plenty of hills in the up direction unfortunately, average ascent of 3,000 ft, only half the daily average in the Rockies, so plenty of training needed plus 2 days of serious resistance training in the gym covering core strength, upper and lower body power. In addition to this I walk the dog twice a day for about an hour. Included in this is one day off for the important recovery. Phew!!
As the months go on this will all increase 2 fold and with the nights and mornings getting lighter it will be helpful. I will post weekly updates on the training front.
Pictured above is me and my faithful Orange 5 mountain bike which is going to take me across the Rockies the picture was taken in February amid 3 inches of snow.

No comments: